- Support students in their journey of discovery & the joy of learning
- Strength student’s holistic development
- Enable students to take ownership for their learning and acquire knowledge, concepts, skills, values and attitudes that will help them become lifelong learners and progress at their own individual pace.
- Build personal, social and problem solving skills.
- Promote literacy, numeracy and digital literacy with progression achieved through thinking, manipulating, reporting and presenting results.
- Support bilingualism and multilingualism.
- Build Science and technology competence.
- Encourage critical and innovative thinking, aesthetic appreciation and creative expression.
- Encourage students to embrace mobility and deal with challenges through mindfulness, to be peacemakers – within and without.
- Promote values of social justice in a constantly changing local, regional and global reality. Self- regulation and Learning to do what is right.
- Encourage respect of diversity and value differences.
- Promote the rich and cultural heritage community service, responsibility towards the environment.
Our Curriculum Approach
An inquiry based approach that supports the development of thinking and life skills at all levels through standards based units of instruction,simulated learning, outdoor education and community service learning opportunities. Our students engage actively in Inquiry, exploration, collaboration and having fun while learning. Ethics and values, learning to do what is right-respect, Morality, Citizenship, Personal Emotional wellbeing and Mindfulness are all an integral part of our curriculum.
Primary School – Grades I to V
The Primary School program bridges the Kindergarten and primary school years for a smooth transition, engaging students in an enriching and age-appropriate academic program that meets their developmental and educational needs.
At this stage children gradually come out of their shell, they start to socialize and discover their own strengths and identity. Through exploratory and hands-on activities which can develop cognition, language and psychomotor skills, the students are given ample opportunities to manifest their innate potential and make informed choices. This makes them confident observers who can absorb experiences and make relevant associations to draw accurate conclusions.
The Ambience School curriculum helps students develop the foundational knowledge, learning skills, and personality traits to prepare them for success in school and beyond. We nurture the innate curiosity, wonder, and desire to learn in each one. The curriculum in the Primary school is designed keeping in mind the multidimensional child centric approach. It is both interactive, pragmatic and a blend of Inquiry based with experiential learning. The curriculum framework includes inquiry design projects, flexible and collaborative group work, educational trips,,open classroom setting and ongoing assessments.
The main subject domains for Grade I-III and Grade IV-V are English,Mathematics, EVS, Hindi and English, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies and Hindi respectively. A Foreign Language is also introduced in Grade IV.
It’s not all academic though because nothing is ‘EXTRA’ curricular at APS. Innovative modules bring alive our vision. The unique potential of the child blossoms with our robust ICT, robotics, performing arts and sports curriculum.
Dance, theatre,music, art, robotics, pottery, ICT, coding and sports are interwoven throughout our curriculum, providing excellent options for students of many interests. The students are fully engaged and immersed in the creative field of learning. With clubs and home systems, students get multiple opportunities to discover the poet, dancer, writer, artist, creator and scientist in themselves.
The overall Primary School program is challenging, yet warm, friendly, and supportive.