Grades VI-VIII, is a transition to a more structured space. Students discover their interests in an encouraging, cooperative, and caring environment. During these years, they learn to take risks, learn responsibility and the love of learning.
Learning in middle school is experiential and inter-disciplinary, compelling action, reflection and empathy among children. This is their light bulb moment, when they start to comprehend that school lessons and the outside world are intertwined. The middle school curriculum is such that emphasizes the value of a strong work ethic, critical thinking skills, effective written and oral communication, and lifelong enjoyment of intellectual, artistic, and physical wellness pursuits
The Middle School Program, both in its curricular and extra-curricular components, is designed to meet the following goals:
- to provide courses appropriate to the developmental level of the students
- to meet individual needs of students with enriched or support programs where appropriate
- to help students develop strong study skills, communication skills in all subject areas
- to give students increasing opportunities for independent learning
- to help students develop personal honor and integrity
- to provide opportunities for leadership and involvement in the school community
- to provide special support and counsel for those who need it
- to help build an acceptance of diversity
- to help students become more adept at decision-making and problem-solving
All the goals are achieved with various pedagogical strategies adopted by the teachers based on the learner’s need along with regular life skill sessions conducted by the school counselor.
The core middle school academic subjects are English, Social Studies, Math, Science, Hindi,ICT and Foreign Language . Varied co-scholastic activities like arts, dance, theatre, robotics, makers space etc complement the regular academics..
By the time children reach the end of the middle school years, they have accumulated skills and knowledge that will stand them in good stead for life.